Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome to Running with the Baby-Mama Drama

So here we are, new home, new career, new blog.  Seemed appropriate to move on from the old blog and start soemthing new.  I had been toying with the idea of a running blog, not really because my running is that interesting but just because I like to talk about it.  But then a new nurse blog seemed like there would be more variety to talk about.  but I was absolutely SURE I would not keep up with two.  So here we are Running with the Baby-Mama Drama.  Maybe this will also help me stay motivated to keep running while trying to juggle life on the night shift!

Running update:
Ran this morning on the treadmill for 30 minutes while watching Real Estate Intervention on the DVR.  Love that show.  Mental note: never buy a total fixer upper with a guy you aren't married to.  And if you do, don't let him live in the house while you are trying to sell it.  Oh an don't buy at the height of a real estate bubble.  Inflated my new balance ball and did some abs and some arms. 

New nurse update: START MONDAY!!!!!!!  Got new scrubs, got new black out curtains for my day sleeping area(but totally forgot the curtain rod!!!), got a new badge with a pink stripe that means I can hold a baby in the hospital, opened a new bank account to try and avoid the money fritter (you get money and it just fritters away, mainly at Target).   Found out today that as a new grad I have to do the new nurse residency program which is a series of 12 weeks of once a week classes designed to help me transition to my new role.  Only they didn't get my hire date in before the Spring class cutoff so I will have to join the summer class.  So I will work on the floor as an actual nurse for 4 months then join a class of brand new grads to help me transition.  Seriously?  Surely, between now and then I can find a way around this but if not, I did it in school, I'm sure I'll do it through out my career, just one more hoop to jump through...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes - you lured me with the hope of being the first commentator. And I did it! But I suppose this isn't all about me, is it? That's donuts about the new nurse residency program - I hope you do find a way around that. If not, you can blog about the silliness of it.

    Personally, I can't wait to hear the baby-mama drama - and the running stuff is fun, too! Great combo which will make for a fascinating blog. I'm already riveted... when's the next post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog! Sounds like you will have some great stories to share. :)

    ReplyDelete