Saturday, January 30, 2010

Finally a run

34 degrees outside.  Between the rain storms so it is misty and wet.  5 miles, 55 minutes.  Lovely.  Absolutely lovely. (That's not me but I thought the blog needed a picture...)

My new runner's world has a column  called "Hell Week: what happens when a runner-mother doesn't get to exercise her demons." "With a look of fear on his face my husband quipped to our 4-year-old, "What will happen to us now that mommy can't run?"  Ya, I know that feeling.  What am I going to do if this whole crazy schedule of working nights means that there is no time to run????????  Deep breaths, I'll figure it out...

Back to today's run...

Had a weird pain.  When I ran the half marathon in Nov. about mile 5 I got this weird crampy pain that started in my right hip went down the outside of my leg and even made my ankle hurt a little bit.  Never had it before.  Well, mile 5 is a bad place to start hurting when you are running 13.1.  Very bad.  Was really uncomfortable the last 2 or 3 miles but I finished in my goal time and it never happened again. Weird weird weird.  So yesterday I wake up wiht this shooting pain every now and hten in my hip and feeling like the right side of my back is really tight.  And today while running the pain like the half was back.  Sciatica maybe, I dunno.  Hoping it goes away and never comes back.  (I hope it is listening!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment