Thursday, January 28, 2010

At least I'm getting paid for this!

Ayyiyiyiyi.  ORIENTATION.  It's like nursings chool all over agin expect, get this, I'M GETTING PAID!  I keep reminding myself of that but after 2 and a half hours on wound care and ostomy I was ready to pay them to let me just go home!  Not that wound care isn't important and interesting because it really is.  But I just did that in school AND how may new moms have you met who got a pressure ulcer during their two days in the hospital.  So the mantra is, I'm getting paid for this, I'm getting paid for this. 

Tomorrow, a six hour assessment test to identify my strengths and weaknesses for use during my preceptorship.  Good times, good times.

Running update:  LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!  Maybe if I finish the assessment early I'll trade my dansko's for running shoes and go for a run while everyone else finishes up.  Wouldn't that be cute, the scrub wearing runner!  Even better, the poor person who has to sit next to the scrub wearing runner for the rest of the afternoon sessions!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Eh, just spritz on a little body spray and hope for the best! Hee-hee.

    ReplyDelete