Monday, February 15, 2010

That beautiful day is deceptively cold!

Gorgeous day for a run. 33 degrees. Sunny. At 9:30 this morning I sat at the computer and noted that the trees weren't moving so that meant no wind. I was prepared for a perfect run...Then I stepped outside. Don't know where it was coming from but it was WINDY! Bitingly windy. Made your face numb windy. Overall though, still a GOOD run. Went 5 miles which has become my new normal for a run. For years I was a 2-3 miles was a normal run but since I trained for the last half marathon it seems that 5 has become my new normal to feel like I have had enough exercise. Last year that would have seemed unthinkable to just go out and run 5 miles on an average day. Now anything less seems like a waste of time! I even did 5 miles on the Disney cruise on Thanksgiving morning! (That's 15 laps around deck 4 for anyone who is counting.) Strange how things change. Now one thing that hasn't really changed is that I can't hack that far on the treadmill. 4 miles is the longest I've gone on the gerbil wheel, I mean, treadmill.

Need to find a race. Need a goal. Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment