Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First night! First day of sleep.

Well, the first night went very well.  No real drama.  Everyone was very nice.  There's something different about the way nurses treat a new nurse they know they will have to work with for the next couple years versus the nursing student that will only be on the floor for a couple weeks!  While I like that part I still feel very much like a nursing student!!!!!!  Came home, went right to bed.  Slept for almost 5 hours.  Wish it had been more but I was all slept out at that point.  Woke up to the air raid/emergency siren going off.  That's a starting and disorienting was to wake up from your first daytime sleep effort.  Apparently the test is the first Wed of the month but  I was considering whether I was going to have to get out hubby's arsenal to defend the homestead!  I feel a little like I just got off an airplane after flying to China.  What's a little anxiety producing is knowing that in the next 48 hours I'm going to fly back to the U.S. and then head back to China again.  I like China a lot but that's a lot of traveling!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted! I keep looking at the clock, adding three hours, then figuring out where you might be. Prayed for you before I went to sleep last night. Glad it's going well and was drama-free the first night.
    I think you oughtta post a photo of you in your scrubs now that you're official. Do you have a name tag with R.N. on it? Thought of you around 1:00 a.m. your time, I imagine the newborns are up at all hours and keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete